The Accounting Software Library On-Line Edition
Using the Accounting Library Software Selection Tool
Quick Software Selection Tips
If you are searching for a new accounting or ERP solution, you have come to the right place!
For 22+ years thousands of firms have relied on The Accounting Library to assist them define their requirements and identify best suited products.
Mr. Chewning is president of Solutions, a Richmond, Virginia-based consulting firm specializing in accounting software selection. Mr. Chewning has written a number of accounting software reviews and is a frequent speaker on the subject of accounting software selection as well as sales and marketing of accounting software. Mr. Chewning primarily consults with middle-market companies selecting accounting software, but also has on-going contracts with vendors to assist them in product development and reseller development.
- Small Business Accounting Systems
- ERP Systems
- Cloud Solutions
- Canadian Accounting and ERP Systems
- Multi-National Solutions
- Business Management Software
- Service Management
- Job/Project Costing
- Fund Accounting
- Many Other Industries
- We will help you find the right accounting or ERP product at the right price.
- There are literally hundreds of accounting and ERP products that can serve the needs of firms in a wide variety of industries. The real question is which products can meet your specific requirements. That can become a time consuming and frustrating process. Our search program will literally take you by the hand and help you easily define what’s important to you in whatever level of detail you need and then identify the best suited products.
- Once you have identified best suited products, we will help you connect with a product specific professional (reseller) who can help you evaluate each product of interest, move your software selection project forward effectively and finally become your trusted business partner.
The process of selecting a new accounting or ERP system can become very tedious and frustrating. While we cannot eliminate any of the critical steps required to reach a successful purchase conclusion, we can help you organize the process more efficiently and effectively.
It’s as easy as 1 - 2 - 3
Step 1: Search
Objective: To help you define your requirements and identify best suited products.
Our Smart Search program will help you quickly define your requirements in whatever level of detail you need and then identify best suited products. That’s the most critical step you need to take.
Actually we give you four different approaches to the search process all of which are located in the Search menu on our Home Page. As you move forward with your project, these menus will be conveniently displayed so you can access any of them easily.
- Professional Assisted Search: Complete the Professional Assisted Search questionnaire and we will immediately email you a free software selection guide as well as several articles that will help you understand how you can take full advantage of your new business management system. Our software selection professionals will evaluate your requirements, recommend at least three best suited products and connect you with an appropriate product expert in your local area so you can complete your software selection project successfully. We will also send you a detailed side-by-side comparison (across 800+ features and functions) of each product recommended.
- Quick Search: Quickly search by a selected number of key differentiators. This might be very useful for a small firm searching for a basic accounting program.
- Power Search: Define the modules you need in your new accounting or ERP system, the industries in which you compete and other differentiators and we will identify best suited products.
- Advanced Search: Our most comprehensive selection tool containing 800+ key functions and reports from which you can build an in depth needs definition.
In all case the Search tools will give you a list of Recommended Products so you can learn more about each product and decide if they are of interest. We also give you the ability to select for any product displayed three options (Get a Quote, Schedule a Free Demo and Connect with a Reseller) to help you connect with a local reseller who has the in depth product knowledge you need to make a final purchase decision. This is a critical step and we would encourage you to Connect with a reseller to move your software selection project forward.
If you would like to compare the functionality of any of the products displayed, click on the select box immediately to the left of the Compare function. When you have selected all of the products you want to compare, click on the Compare option.
If you have already developed an interest in one or more products, you can skip this step and start with our Learning Tools.
Step 2: Learn
Objective: To help you evaluate products of interest and select several that you will review with qualified resellers and installers in your geographic region.
Once you have completed your Requirements Document, the program will display a list of Recommended Products sorted by how closely they match your requirements (except perhaps the Quick Search which has only a few selection criteria). If you are interested in a product, you can click on Learn More About a Product to learn more about it and its capabilities.
We also give you the ability to select for any product displayed three options (Get a Quote, Schedule a Free Demo and Connect with a Reseller) to help you connect with a local reseller who has the in depth product knowledge you need to make a final purchase decision. This is a critical step and we would encourage you to Connect with a reseller to move your software selection project forward.
Since most accounting and ERP products are enhanced by integrated third party products, we will help you evaluate some of these products as well.
You can also dive even deeper by creating a side-by-side comparison of products of interest across 800+ functions and reports.
If you have already identified products of interest and only want to get connected to a qualified reseller/installer or unbiased software selection consultant, you can skip the first two steps and immediately launch our Connect functions.
Step 3: Connect
Objective: To connect you with a qualified reseller/installer/consultant in your geographic region and who can help you evaluate product finalists in detail and make a purchase decision with confidence.
While we can certainly assist you identify products of interest, we cannot really give you the detailed level of information you need to make a purchase decision. For this you need to be working with a product reseller/installer in your geographic region. We will help you connect with nearby product specific professionals (usually more than one since you might be evaluating more than one product) who will help you evaluate each finalist product so you can make a purchase decision with confidence. You can make this connection when you are reviewing any product profile, or you can complete the learning phase and then use the Connect functions to start working with a product specific reseller/installer.
This is a critical step and we would encourage you to Connect with a reseller to move your software selection project forward.
If you would rather work with an unbiased software selection consultant, we will help you get connected there as well.