Accounting Software Manuals and Workbooks
While the analysis program is the heart of The Accounting Library, its power is released only when combined with the methodologies described in the accompanying manuals. End-users and consultants will receive one set of manuals, while resellers will receive their own set of manuals. Since their objectives are different from users and consultants, we have created an entirely separate set of manuals which allow resellers to provide added-value services for their prospects and clients and therefore increase the likelihood prospects will want to work with them rather than their competition.
For each of the manuals described below, we have added a hyperlink to the manual name so you can review the Table of Contents of that manual and understand more fully the subject areas we discuss.
- End-User/Consultant Manuals: End-users and consultants receive a two-volume, 500+ page, set of manuals containing all of the text and forms you will need to select and implement the best-suited accounting system. These manuals are written from the perspective of an end-user and follow the selection process from the decision to investigate a new software solution right the way through to installation, implementation and post implementation management. This is a complete software selection methodology, including the analysis and improvement of the manual accounting processes, structure and personnel which will surround your new financial management system.
- Business Excellence Manual: While increasing the efficiency of the accounting system is important, this will achieve little if the business itself is not organized for success. Put quite simply, Business Excellence tries to help users understand some of the factors which can influence profitability. We don't impose a fixed methodology, but rather try to introduce the concepts and then let users decide how they can reorganize their business most effectively. The Business Excellence manual is provided as an integral part of the Enterprise, Modifiable and Reseller Editions, the concept is important to all organizations, and therefore this 200+ page manual is available to all other subscribers at a very nominal price of $65.
- Reseller Manuals: Obviously the objective of a reseller differs from that of an end-user or consultant. Reseller want to sell the product(s) they represent, and that is precisely why these manuals have been written with this specific objective in mind. While we discuss the Reseller Edition in more depth on its own Web page, the key to the Reseller Edition lies in the fact that reseller can use its text and forms to create for themselves a distinct competitive advantage by offering their clients a path to greater profitability through what we have called Business Excellence. Business Excellence is a set of valued-added services resellers can offer their prospects which allow the reseller and prospect/client to form a consulting-like relationship where the reseller is seen as a full business partner, helping the end-user define their requirements, prove the fit with the reseller's product, install and implement the new system, analyze and improve appropriate accounting processes, structures and personnel, and finally analyze and improve all other aspects of their business. All of this is possible because we give each reseller four different manuals.
- Sales and Marketing Manual: This 300+ page manual is the only sales and marketing manual of which we are aware written specifically for accounting software resellers. This comprehensive guide to selling accounting software starts with the first contact with a prospect and takes a reseller through each step in the sales, installation and implementation cycles. While providing prospects and clients the added value of Business Excellence and teaching resellers how to sell the powerful concept, the Sales and Marketing manual reviews many sales and marketing concepts, discussing each in terms which are easily understood and implemented.
- Needs Definition Manual: While the objective of resellers is to sell the product(s) they represent, this doesn't relieve the reseller or the user from creating some form of needs definition. After all, this is the only way users can determine exactly what it is they require and resellers confirm the fit in detail with their product(s). This is where the analysis program can be utilized to its best advantage. The Needs Definition manual has been designed to be given to the prospect/client to facilitate the needs definition process and to help them understand exactly how the reseller is going to use the analysis program to compare their requirements against the reseller's product(s).
- Installation and Implementation Manual: While it is critically important that users and resellers complete a thorough needs definition and analysis, this is only the end of the sales cycle and the beginning of the installation and implementation cycle. The Installation and Implementation manual has been designed to be given to clients and help them understand in general terms what is going to happen, in what order, and most importantly of all who is responsible for each step. Finally, this manual introduces users to the concept of business process analysis and reorganization. This isn't Business Process Reengineering. That's far too complex for most organizations. All we are trying to do is help users understand the importance of analyzing and improving their manual accounting processes so that they can complement the software about to be installed.
- Business Excellence Manual: This is the heart of the whole Reseller Edition. While increasing the efficiency of the accounting system is important, this will achieve little if the business itself is not organized for success. Put quite simply, Business Excellence tries to help users understand some of the factors which can influence profitability. We don't impose a fixed methodology, but rather try to introduce the concepts and then let users decide how they can reorganize their business most effectively.